Once your doll has finished production, the manufacturer will ship it directly to your address. Customers within the E.U. may instead choose to ship their doll order via our location in The Netherlands. You can select this on the doll page when ordering. There are a few potential advantages and disadvantages to each option:
- Shipping directly to your address:
- No extra costs.
- No extra delays.
- Inspection and confirmation of your doll by means of factory photos.
- If you prefer, you will usually have the option to collect your package from a nearby courier depot. You can indicate this on the courier website once you receive your tracking code.
- Shipping via our location:
- We check your order. In case of an issue, it can usually be resolved without any action required on your part.
- We then contact you to schedule a delivery date at your convenience (subject to courier constraints).
- Alternatively, on request, we can hold on to your order until you are ready to receive it.
- If you prefer to collect your doll personally or have someone do it for you, you can make an appointment to visit us.
Shipping and Import Fees
Shipping of all doll orders is free worldwide.
Import VAT for destinations within the European Union will be paid by The-Doll-House NL, there are no hidden costs for E.U. customers.
Destinations outside of the E.U. may be subject to added import duties/taxes depending on location. If so, you will be billed for it by the courier.
General Delivery Times
Please be prepared for a total time from order to delivery of approximately 14-31 days.
The typical times from order to construction can be up to 7-days.
Once production has commenced it can take 7-14 days. Occasionally there is the possibility that the factory may hold your model in 'floating' stock. This would reduce the production time to 1-3 days. This is of course, at the discretion of the manufacturer.
Upon completion the delivery time is typically 7-14 days.
Delivery times can vary depending upon the complexity of the order and number of dolls ordered.
The paperwork on the order will declare the doll as "mannequin" for Customs.
- When purchasing a doll for Christmas, it is recommended that you order before the second half of November to ensure a timely arrival.
- The manufacturers halt production during Chinese New Year celebrations, which generally lasts a few weeks in January/February.